Projects » iPhone/Android application for web-based oncology clinical EMR
The company — provider of oncology-specific EMR solution, was seeking new ways to improve accessability for their EMR database.
They contacted SolveTLabs to deliver mobile application for tracking patient records, prescriptions, visits and labs results.
SolveITLabs has designed a native iPhone/Android application based on XML Web service. The system allows physicians to access their patients' information "on the go".
It is like no other EMR you have ever used: the usage is so easy that almost anyone can pick it up with little or no computer knowledge, the interface is so user friendly medical staff will enjoy using it.
The app brings
together clinical data, reference materials, and patient information from different applications within the hospital’s network — all in one simple mobile interface. Physicians for example no longer have to track down separate lab results or a critical test result from a different department.
Because of the company's need to protect both confidential hospital information and sensitive patient data, we used two levels of user authentication: password and PIN code.
After login, the system displays a list of all patients scheduled today.
There is an option to search patients by their first, last name, or MR number. For each patient, the application provides an access to his record in the EMR database via XML Parsing.
- The Demographics page displays the patient demographics info;
- The Documents page represents a collection of patient's clinical documentation
- Lab Result — latest laboratory results contained within an EMR.
- Vital Signs — patient's vital signs.
- The Summary page represents the important medical information (patient's allergies, drugs, and diagnosis) at a glance.
- Sharing patient Information with other doctors: instantly and easily the physician receiving the referral can view patient's medical record including notes, labs, imaging (X-Ray, DICOM, Echo), view prescriptions, active medication and the entire medical chart.
- Get information back - instantly: within seconds all of the information from the physician shows in the patient file.
- iPhone messaging included: EMR includes instant messaging to mobile device from within the EMR. Patient can send secure messages to his doctor. The messages show up in the EMR like regular messaging. A doctor can reply to the patient, and it shows up instantly in their profile.
- Instant access to data: EMR boasts the fastest response times available
- Instant Communication via iChat, AIM or Skype : EMR integrates and is developed for messaging technologies. A core component of healthcare is the ability to communicate with other healthcare providers regarding health issues on patient care. EMR handles this by tracking all provider entries and attaching their iChat information to the patient chart entry. When viewing patient history, diagnosis, or provider notes - EMR places an icon next to each provider's entry. If you need to speak to the provider simply click the icon. iChat is launched automatically and a direct chat connection established. Get up to 10 providers online, communicating as if all in the same room.
Tools and Technologies
iPhone SDK including Xcode, iPhone simulator and performance tool